Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Baker's Wife by Erin Healy

Good evening! I’ve just received a new book from booksneeze- “The Baker’s Wife” by Erin Healy. Before I tell you about this awesome book, however, I need to tell you all that I got this book for free from the booksneeze blogging program, from the Thomas Nelson publishing company. I am under no legal obligation to give this book a good review. Anyway, I need to start off and say, I love Erin Healy. I ordered her book “The Promises She Keeps” from Borders (before it closed!! :’( But that’s a rant for another day) and I fell in love with her writing. I tell you what, “The Baker’s Wife” delivers! This book lassoes you in within the first paragraph and holds you tight until you’re through. When Audrey and her pastor husband get involved with a scandal, their lives are torn apart. Thrown down from the pulpit, they open a bakery. (Honestly, I didn’t see that one coming. Even with a title like, “The Baker’s Wife”. I mean, from pastor to baker? What?) So, anyway, pastor husband is killed in a car accident. This begins to unravel a mystery that upturns Audrey’s life. What happens?  You’ll just have to find out for yourself, now won’t you? I give this book five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment